Storage Systems Engineer - Projects & Support
Storage Systems Engineer - Projects & Support | Sydney South West | Permanent
Full-time opportunity for a Storage Systems Engineer to join the Technology Services team with one of Australia's pioneering Broadcast and Data Services organisations.
The role of Storage Systems Engineer covers day-to-day support and maintenance of state-of-the-art digital, storage infrastructure plus involvement in new projects to develop, upgrade and improve the facility's capability to deliver data services to its customers.
- Maintenance of multi-vendor storage systems and IT infrastructure.
- Fault finding and investigation of storage, network and server-based issues.
- Project planning and delivery.
- Prompt 2nd and 3rd line technical support.
- Upkeep of documentation, manuals, and design drawings.
What we need:
We’re looking for an experienced Storage Systems Engineer with a broad background in infrastructure support and projects, plus detailed experience in the maintenance, upkeep and improvement of storage platform solutions. We’re looking for experience in:
- Linux platform support and admin.
- Software defined or object storage eg. Scality.
- Data storage platform admin eg. AWS S3, MS SMB and NFS.
- Exposure and interest in OpenStack cloud.
- Networking fundamentals for storage operations.
- Python scripting skills.
- Attention to detail and thorough documentation skills.
- Approachable manner with good communication skills.
And for you:
The successful Storage Systems Engineer will join an experienced Technical Services team operating in a hybrid combination of on-site plus flexible working from home #WFH options. It’s regular Mon-Fri business hours plus expect some occasional out of office hours project assignments.
In return you will join a NSW Employer of Choice, earn a rewarding salary and work with a genuinely supportive team providing mission critical tech services to key clients across multiple industry domains from broadcasters and video platforms through to education and government institutions.
At this stage, only applicants with permanent work rights in Australia can be considered for this position.
If your background reflects the above criteria and you would be interested in a new challenge, hit the apply button now. Please attach a Word version of your CV. All applications treated in strict confidence.
Please attach a copy of your CV in Word format | Job ref: LD1173 (Please quote in subject line) | All applications treated in strictest confidence.