Network Engineer - Broadcast
Network Engineer - Broadcast | St Leonards NSW | Permanent
- Network infrastructure projects and support.
- Full-time, permanent position.
- Parking, gym, childcare, and other benefits.
We are looking for an experienced enterprise-level Network Engineer to join an in-house technology team focused on the development, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure for one of Australia’s high-profile media broadcasters.
Based in Sydney’s North Shore, the role of Network Engineer is a varied position covering day-to-day network infrastructure operations, network admin, trouble-shooting and various new project assignments including new installations, testing, configuration, and expansion of the facility’s capabilities.
Working with, and supported by a talented local team, partners and technology vendors, the Network Engineer will play a key role in maintaining and improving critical network infrastructure for broadcast TV and Radio operations enjoyed by millions of Australians every day.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and admin of existing network infrastructure.
- Maintenance of LAN / WAN networks, routers, switches and firewalls.
- Input on design, development, configuration and delivery of new projects.
- Contribute to audit processes, documentation and technical drawings.
What we need:
We are looking for a Cisco-certified network engineer with experience supporting and improving in-house enterprise infrastructure environments.
- Operational experience and proficiency in Cisco networking;
- Cisco Catalyst 6000 and Cisco Nexus 9K switching families,
- Cisco Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Firepower 4000 series firewalls
- Cisco ASA 5000 series and Cisco AST 1000 series routers
- Operational experience with Cisco Prime and Cisco DCNM management platforms
- Knowledge of RIP and BGP protocols
- Cisco Wireless Access Points
- Familiarity with SDN & SDDC technologies and their applications
- Experience with Nexus 9K and VXLAN
- Solid Routing and Switching skills
- Familiarity with L4-7 services integration in a data centre environment
Further experience gained in a television broadcast or media technology environment will be highly regarded.
At this stage, only applicants with permanent work rights in Australia can be considered for this position.
This is a full-time position located in Sydney - North Shore commencing as soon as the successful candidate is available. If your background reflects the above criteria and you would be interested in a new challenge, apply online in confidence immediately. Please submit your CV in Word format.
Please attach copy of CV in Word format | Job ref: LD1165 (Please quote in subject line) | All applications treated in strictest confidence.